Kaufman & Canoles has developed its business law practice to become the largest law firm headquartered in southeastern Virginia. With offices in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Newport News, Chesapeake, Hampton, Williamsburg, Richmond and Tysons Corner, the firm’s nearly 100 attorneys serve international, national and regional clients needing assistance in a broad range of legal specialties.
Rich in history, Kaufman & Canoles was created January 1, 1982 through the merger of two respected Norfolk firms, Kaufman & Oberndorfer and Canoles, Mastracco, Martone, Barr and Russell. The Kaufman firm was established by Charles L. Kaufman in 1919; the Canoles firm by Leroy T. Canoles in 1951. Kaufman & Canoles’ commitment to finding innovative and cost effective solutions for clients and deeply rooted connections within community, civic and political circles will help play a key role in furthering the TerraLex mission.